Monday, March 05, 2007

Fun at Bodega Bay (U. C. Davis' Marine Lab and site of the U. C. Davis workshop in Applied Phylogenetics)






Well, gave a talk today out at Bodega Bay as part of the U. C. Davis workshop in Applied Phylogenetics. I talked about my favorite topic, phylogenomics (always good to preach, even to the converted) and enjoyed meeting the students and talking to the other faculty. But the main resons for this blog --- Davis' marine lab on a nice day is simply spectacular. If I ever teach a workshop I am going to try and hold it there.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Bodega Bay -- that's where Hitchcock's "The Birds" was filmed. Also, it was a home town of a woman who I went to grad school with (who now teaches in Georgia, in what I can only assume is a less picturesque place)

    ReplyDelete

Most recent post

My Ode to Yolo Bypass

Gave my 1st ever talk about Yolo Bypass and my 1st ever talk about Nature Photography. Here it is ...